In order to install OKAB, once you download the theme, unzip the main archive. You will see the following files and folders:
- Okab.zip: Theme files that you will need to upload into your WordPress themes directory
- Documentation.zip: Documentation files
- Plugins.zip: Required Premium Plugins that you need to install manually
- okab-child.zip: The Child Theme installable file.
OKAB Can Be Installed in 3 Different Ways:
- Installing through WordPress
- Uploading through FTP (File transfer protocol)
- Envato Market Plugin
Install OKAB– Installation through WordPress:
Installing a theme through WordPress is quite a simple process. After you have logged into your WordPress account and are ready to go, on the sidebar of the Admin panel navigate to Appearance and then select Themes. After that, click on the Install Themes tab and select upload from the navigation bar below. Click the button “choose file” and locate your Theme zip file (okab.zip), then click the “install now” button. After OKAB is installed, find the Theme in Appearance > Themes and click Activate.
Please be informed that you should not upload the whole archive you downloaded from Themeforest, as you will get an error reporting “broken stylesheet file”. Instead, locate the OKAB.zip file inside the main archive you downloaded.
Installation Through FTP:
Please be informed that you should not upload the whole item you have downloaded from Themeforest as you will get an error message. Instead:
- Download the Theme archive and extract the main theme zip file with the title (OKAB.zip)
- You may need to preserve the folder structure in the archive when extracting these files.
- Use an FTP client (for example Filezilla) to access your host web server
- Transfer your unzipped theme to your server in the wp-content/themes
- Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate your uploaded theme.
Envato Market Plugin Installation:
Installing the Envato Market plugin.
- Download the
envato-market.zipand unpack the archive.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click the ‘Envato Market’ menu in WordPress and connect to the API.
Envato Market Plugin Setup
The next step is to sync the Envato Market plugin with your Envato account to have access to all of your marketplace purchases as well as item updates.
To get started click on the Envato Market link in your dashboard menu. You should see a screen similar to the one above. The very first step is to create an Envato API token. To do this, click on the generate a personal token link (highlighted in red above).
If you’re already logged into your Envato account you’ll be taken to the screen above (otherwise you will be prompted to log in first before being redirected to this page). On this screen, you can see what the Envato Market plugin is requesting permission to access via your Envato account (Envato sites, the ability to download your items, a list of your purchases and verification of your purchases).
To proceed to give your token a name, check the box that you have read and agree to the terms and then click the green button to create your token.
Once your token is created you will see a green success screen. Copy your token code (this is very important since Envato doesn’t store a copy of the token for you), check to confirm that you’ve copied it and click the white button that you got it.
Now go back to your WordPress installation and paste in your Envato API token then click save.
Once your token is saved and validated your page will refresh to show your Envato Market landing page with added tabs for your items. The added tab(s) display all of your theme and plugin purchases as well as their version numbers and quick links to the theme and author pages.
Envato Market Auto-Updates for Themes & Plugins
Now that you have the Envato Market plugin installed and synced to your account you will have all of your purchases and item updates at your fingertips.